English Learner/Bilingual Education
Stanislaus County Office Of Education is committed to providing support to schools
and districts in the area of English Learner/Bilingual Education.
It is intent on working to increase the achievement of all students, including ELs.
The ways SCOE supports teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, EL students
and their families:
- Disseminating information in all areas of English
- Facilitating collaborative networks and learning communities to
further advance the awareness level and knowledge base
surrounding EL issues
- Providing standards aligned research based instructional resources to help educate staffs about the academic needs of ELs.
- Providing the leadership and advocacy that result in effective, high quality instruction by trained teachers.
- Assisting districts and schools in EL and bilingual compliance matters such as CPM, CELDT, Title III, and OCR
- Organizing and delivering quality, ongoing professional development in ELD (English Language Development), SDAIE (Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English) and multicultural areas.