- Sample Email Comm.
- Pay Attention
- Acknowledge Others
- Think the Best
- Be Inclusive
- Mind Your Body
- Be Agreeable
- Keep It Down
- Respect Other People's Time
- Apologize Earnestly
- Assert Yourself
- Avoid Personal Questions
- Care for your Guests
- Refrain from Idle complaints
- Receiving Constructive Criticism
- Respect the Environment
- Be Gentle to Animals
- Don't Shift Responsibility & Blame
- 12 Principles - Monthly Focus
- January - Listen
- February - Respect Other People's Time
- March - Don't Shift Responsibility & Blame
- April - Accept and Give Praise
- May - Respect Others Opinions
- June - Acknowledge Others
- July - Speak Kindly
- August - Apologize Sincerely
- Sept - Refrain from Idle Complaints
- Oct - Think the Best
- Nov - Accept & give constructive Criticism
- Dec - Don't Speak Ill
- Civility in the Workplace
Please note: Sample Email Communications above – Courtesy of Keyes Union School District
Congratulations and thank you to the 800 students who submited 1,800 entries in the Art, Poetry & Writing Contest!
To see a listing of student names whose work was published in the Kids on Civility book click here.
Calling all Stanislaus County Students. Win Prizes and become a published author!
The Stanislaus County Choose Civility initiative began with a book: P.M. Forni's Choosing Civility. To culminate three years focused on civility, SCOE is wrapping up the Initiative with a book written by the children of this county, reflecting their perspectives on the 12 Principles of Civility.
Writing/Poetry Contest for K-12 grade students
- Rules of Submission and Official Entry Form - PDF
- Writing Styles and Examples - PDF
- 12 Principles for Elementary and Middle School Students
Art Contest for Junior and High School Students (Grades 7 - 12)
Civility of Customer Service Rubri
Civility of Politicians Rubric
Choose Civility Week - October 1 - 6, 2012
Civility Art contest 2012 Entries - click here to view.
Civility Art Contest 2010 Entries - click here to view.
Video Links - click title to view
- Man on the Street
- Today Show
"Social Media, reality TV
causing lack of civility?"
Video is listed on the right side bar.
- Civility “Man on the Street” interview
- Choose Civility - Mocse Credit Union
- Turlock USD - Turlock Teaches Character
- Civility In The Eyes of Preschool Children