The Children of SCOE Employees Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior who is a child of a permanent employee of the Stanislaus County Office of Education (SCOE).
The recipient will be expected to attend a community college, university, or vocational-technical institute. Candidates must have a 2.5 grade point average during the sophomore and
junior years, demonstrate leadership, evidence of participation in school activities, good citizenship, and show a potential for postsecondary study.
CRITERIA AND SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
1. An Advisory Committee, appointed by the Stanislaus County Superintendent of Schools, will select the scholarship recipient(s).
2. The amount of the scholarship will be at least $350.00
3. The scholarship will be awarded to a graduating high school senior who is a child of a permanent employee of the Stanislaus County Office of Education.
4. A minimum of one scholarship will be offered each year.
5. Application deadline is in March each year. Check application for deadline date. Scholarships will be announced in May.
6. Applications will consist of the following:
a. Name, address, telephone number, social security number
b. Parent(s) name, job title, years at SCOE, work phone number and work site
c. A autobiographical essay, including activities and future plans
d. Two letters of recommendation must accompany application.
e. A transcript verify grade point average from the sophomore and junior year
7. Send completed applications to:
Stanislaus County Office of Education
1100 H Street, Modesto, CA 95354
School Route #000