Students from Modesto City High Schools (Beyer, Davis, Downey, Enochs, Gregori, Johansen and Modesto High) are eligible to apply. Students will attend Modesto Junior College
and follow a pathway with the goal of transferring to a 4 year college to earn a degree to work with children in teaching, counseling, or coaching in preschool through 12th grade.
A grade point average of 3.0 or higher and at least 1 year of team sport participation (includes cheerleading).
Criteria and Scholarship Information
1. The Scholarship Advisory Committee will annually award the scholarship.
2. The amount of the scholarship will be $500.
3. A scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from Modesto City High Schools.
4. Applicants shall have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher during their junior and senior years.
5. A minimum of one scholarship will be offered each year.
6. Application deadline for students will be in March. Check date on application.
7. The scholarship will be announced the first week in May.
8. For further information contact Colleen Norby at colleen [dhotsym] norby [ahtsym] gmail [dhotsym] com