Posted March 27, 2018
For Immediate Release – March 26, 2018
Contact: Melanee Wyatt, YES Company Founding Artistic Director, 238-6850
Cynthia Fenech, Communications Coordinator, 238-1704
YES (Youth Entertainment Stage) Company is seeking students in grades 7-12 to be actors, singers, dancers and crew for Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.”
Open Auditions to be held on:
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018 @ 4:00pm Johansen High School Theatre, Modesto
- Saturday, April 7, 2018 @ 12:00pm CSU Stanislaus Main Stage, Turlock
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 @ 5:00pm West Side Theatre, 1331 Main Street, Newman
- Saturday, April 14, 2018 @ 11:00am Downey High School Theatre, Modesto
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 @ 5:30pm MJC Recital Hall, Modesto
- Thursday, April 19, 2018@ 5:00pm Oakdale High School, Oakdale
Attendance at only one audition is required. No experience or preparation necessary. All audition materials provided.
The Stanislaus County Office of Education proudly sponsors the YES COMPANY as they bring to life Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.” The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed into his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature, the stage version includes all of the wonderful songs written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman, along with new songs by Mr. Menken and Tim Rice.
Production commitment is extracurricular and includes weekends, June 6, 2018– July 31, 2018. Performances will be held at the end of July, 2018, at the Gallo Center for the Arts. A tuition of $300 per student is in place to help defer production costs; scholarships are available. For additional information about these auditions and performance times, visit www.yescompany.org.