State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS) is available to Certificated staff. Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) is available to Classified staff.

Company Nurse Injury Hotline is to report a work related injury or incident. It is staffed by registered nurses available to speak with employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The first step is to check SCOE's Employment Opportunities on the EDJOIN website for the position for Substitute Teachers. SCOE maintains a substitute teacher roster for SCOE program as well as 18 districts that contract with us to fill their assignments. Substitute Service Page

Apply for an Emergency Substitute Credential through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). The commission will mail you all the necessary forms along with instructions detailing the required documentation you need to apply for the credential. At a minimum, you will need to have your original transcripts from the college or university where you received a bachelor's degree or higher and an original CBEST card showing that you passed the CBEST.

Visit the credential renewal section of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) website to find out if your credential must be or is eligible to be renewed online. If online credential renewal is not available and you are currently employed with a school district, visit your district's personnel office for assistance in submitting the application. Otherwise, you may renew your credential by mail. Manual application forms are available through the Commission.

Employers are required to first consider fully credentialed applicants for Certificated vacancies. However, it is possible to get hired in some positions prior to obtaining a credential. The applicant will be required to obtain an Intern Certificate or other appropriate authorization issued by the CCTC.

Additional questions and/or assistance can also be provided by the SCOE Credential Analysts. They may be reached at 209-238-1611 or 209-238-1626.