Our journey to build the Stanislaus Cradle to Career Partnership in the past year has focused on the initiative infrastructure, inviting key leaders into the Partnership, on-boarding new support staff and beginning the crucial work of aligning institutional interest with key teams involved in the movement. Since January 2018, we have successfully:
- Built a diverse accountability structure that represents multiple sectors—from education, business, faith, government, and nonprofit;
- Developed a shared vision, mission, and outcomes for children from birth to career;
- Organized five action teams around key indicators with progress expectations along with a developmental framework;
- Contracted with Center for Collective Wisdom to provide facilitation support for the senior leadership body and training/coaching for Action Team Leads;
- Hired Megan Lowery at SCOE as the full-time //mlowery [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org" target="_blank">Cradle to Career Director to oversee communications, data development, and logistical needs;
- Joined the StriveTogether Network, connecting our county to cradle to career resources and best practices from communities across the county.
These early accomplishments reflect our stance towards the collective effort—strategically invest in a sturdy foundation today so that we can sustain a long-term movement to lift all Stanislaus County children to their highest potential.