2019 Employees Making A Difference Program
The Employees Making a Difference program honors outstanding Classified/Confidential employees. Coordinated by SCOE and the local Association of California School Administrators, this local effort is the first step in a statewide program that honors six California Classified Employees of the Year – one in each of the following categories:
- Child Nutrition
- Para-educator (instructional assistants)
- Maintenance operations
- Office and Technical
- Support Services and Security
Per State criteria, employee must have five years of experience in work category which can be part-time or full time.
2019 Reception Details
- Date: Monday, January 14, 2019* (Please note, this date was revised 10/12/18)
- Time: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Location: Petersen Event Center, 720 12th Street, Modesto
To Nominate an Employee:
The process is simple:
- Describe how this nominee is making a difference.
- Ask someone to write a letter to support your nomination.
Districts will select their own honorees and forward nominations to the County Office based on ADA:
- 0 – 4999 students = 1 nominee
- 5,000 - 9,999 students = 2 nominees
- 10,000 – 20,000 students = 3 nominees
- 20,000+ students = 4 nominees
Jane Johnston Civility Award
All nominees will have the opportunity to be considered for the Jane Johnston Civility Award presented by the Education Foundation of Stanislaus County. More information is included with the nomination application.
- Complete the Nomination Form (it is a fillable form) and include letter of support (two if being considered for JJ Civility Award)
- Print and collect signatures from Nominee, Supervisor, and District Superintendent
- Complete the online portion of the nomination (the same questions being answered digitally at): https://goo.gl/forms/sAACkOkS7ChAzKEP2
- Mail/Route/hand-deliver the signed Nomination Form and Letter of support to:
Attn: Valerie Escobar
Route #000 or 1100 H Street, Modesto, CA 95354
SCOE Internal Nominations due in office to Admin by November 19th by 5PM
District Nomination(s) must be received in office no later than Monday, November 26th by 5p.m. with all signatures (Can be hand-delivered or emailed to vescobar [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org)