Welcome to the Stanislaus County Office of Education's Educational Options Division webpage. Educational Options provides an opportunity for students to succeed in an educational environment that focuses on the individual and his/her responsibility to make wise choices. We believe all of our students can succeed, and that each student is capable of making wise choices that will help them achieve their short-term and/or long-term goals. The Educational Options Division includes the following schools, programs and services;
- Come Back Kids (CBK)
- John B. Allard Community School/Stanislaus Military Academy (SMA) - Turlock
- Empire Community School - Empire
- Petersen Alternative Center for Education (PACE) - Modesto
- Stanislaus County Institute of Learning/Tactical Character Academy (TCA) - Ceres
- Stanislaus Culinary Arts Institute - Oakdale
- Stanislaus Industrial Technology Institute - Patterson
- Valley Charter High School - Modesto
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- Career Technical Education - Grades 9-12
- Career Technical Education Training - Adults;
- GED/HiSET Testing Services
- Occupational Olympics - Info and Student Registration Form
- Prevention Programs - Oversees after school programs, Healthy Start, school readiness and emergency management services, school and community violence prevention programs, service learning and civic engagement opportunities, tobacco prevention and a youth leadership group. Prevention Programs also provides Student Support Services for Stanislaus County Office of Education school sites with resources and referrals for pregnant/parenting teens, foster care and students struggling with homelessness.
NEWS & VIDEOS
Over 100 students grades 9-12th throughout Stanislaus County attended the 3rd Annual Destination Medicine Student Health Conference on February 9, 2019 at Stanislaus County Institute of Learning. This event was put together by The Stanislaus Medical Society and SCOE’s Educational Options Division. The event consisted of 6 workshops. Student’s had the opportunity to explore each workshop with hands on learning experiences in Wilderness Medicine, Suturing/Urgent Care, Radiology, Laparoscopy/Da Vinci, Nursing, and EMT-CPR.
CHECK OUT THE VIDEO!