2019 OCCUPATIONAL OLYMPICS & CAREER EXPOSITION!
What is Career Technical Education?
- Career Technical Education is a program designed to prepare students for a career. The purpose of Career Technical Education Programs is to provide a wide variety of specialized career education programs to Stanislaus County residents age 16 and older.
- High School credit can be earned
- Services offered by Career Technical Education include job training, career counseling and job placement assistance.
- Training develops marketable skills, abilities, attitudes and work habits so students may:
Prepare for advanced careers
- Classes are offered after careful research that reveals promising career and job opportunities in that field.
- Career Technical Education students learn to work through practical experience. After basic classroom training, many students are placed at work sites throughout the community and are taught by skilled employees.
- There are over 100 CTE/ROP courses being offered throughout Stanislaus County school districts. All courses offer high school credit. Some courses offer community college credit through 2+2 articulation. Curriculum Outlines
- It's simple. High school students should visit their high school counselor or career center for detailed information on classes.
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF COURSE OFFERINGS BY DISTRICT, click the following link; CTE in Stanislaus County
CTE STUDENT EVENTS
The Stanislaus County Occupational Olympics and Career Exposition promotes academic and occupational understanding in various career areas and recognizes students who excel in mastery of skills and knowledge necessary for success within a given career.
The event includes competency-based competition leading to individual awards and a career exposition where various agencies, industries, and individuals representing a multitude of occupations are available to discuss careers with students on a one-to-one basis. The career exposition is often clustered in the following areas: Agriculture, Business, Home Economics, Industrial Technology/Engineering, Arts, Media and Entertainment and Health to enable students to focus on their chosen career(s).
Competitive events have been held in the following fields:
|Accounting I||Hairstyling||Salad Prep & Display|
|Ag Engineering/Construction Trades||Intro to Business Applications||Small Engine Technology|
|Agricultural Equipment Technology||Job Seeking Skills||Video Game Design|
|Automotive Technology||Marketing Mathematics||Welding|
|Criminal Justice||Medical Occupations|
|Fashion Design||Pitsco Drag Racing|
|Firefighter Candidate||Portfolio Review|
|General Marketing||Robotics Technology|
For more information on the Stanislaus County Occupational Olympics and Career Exposition, contact the Stanislaus County Office of Education's Educational Options Office at (209) 238-1513.