The Stanislaus County Office of Education-Educational Options division offers two options for adults who left high school before graduation to secure a High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma. You have the choice of taking the General Educational Development (GED) test or the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) exam to test your high school equivalency skills.
Important test delivery information pertaining to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- Face masks are required due to the California Statewide Health and Safety guidelines. Please note: People with health conditions will not have to wear a mask.
- Candidates are required to bring their own face covering any mask is acceptable that fully covers the nose and mouth.
- Candidates can choose to wear disposable gloves (gloves will be inspected before and after testing) and must be disposed of in front of proctor.
- Candidates will be asked to meet health requirements and agree to follow all health and safety guidelines while testing.
- Practice 6 feet social distancing.
Both GED & HiSET require registration online. To register for the GED test, please CLICK HERE. To register for the HiSET exam, please CLICK HERE. Age requirement is 18 years of age or older (some 17 year olds who meet specific criteria for testing may also take the test). Tests are given on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at the Petersen Educational Pathways (PEP) Testing Center. Candidates must present a valid government issued picture ID when reporting for testing.
- GED Eligibility Requirements
- HiSET Eligibility Requirements
- California Dept of Education Identity Guidelines
- GED and HiSET Comparison (effective October 2020)
- How GED Testing Works
- How the HiSET Exam Works
- About the GED Test
- About the HiSET Exam
- Test Preparation Options
Para registrarse para el examen de GED, por favor PRECIONE AQUÍ. Para registrarse para el examen de HiSET, por favor PRECIONE AQUÍ. La registración se hará solo en línea. Los exámenes serán los Martes, Miércoles, Jueves y Viernes en el Centro de Exámenes Petersen Educational Pathways. Los candidatos deben presentar una identificación válida de gobierno con foto al presentarse para el examen.
Se Requieren Mascaras De Cara Debido a las pautas de salud y seguridad de California en Todo el Estado. Tenga en cuenta: Las personas con condiciones de salud no tendran que usar una mascara.
- GED Preguntas frecuentes
- HiSET Preguntas frecuentes
- Solicite un historial académico
- Como funciona GED
- Como funciona HiSET
- Todo lo que necesita saber GED
- Todo lo que necesita saber HiSET
On March 9, 2016 California lowered the passing score for the GED test from 150 to 145.
What is the impact? Lowering the passing score to 145 applies retroactively to all persons who achieved a score of 145 or higher on the 2014 version for the test since January 1, 2014.
For information on how to obtain the certificate call (877) 392-6433 or by email help [ahtsym] GED [dhotsym] com.
Please note that the Stanislaus County Office of Education will not be issuing the retro active certificates and all inquiries should be made to the National Testing Service at the number or email listed above.
Request for GED/HiSET Transcript/Certificate
If you took the GED exam on or after 1990, you will need to request your transcript through the GED Testing Service Transcript Service website.
If you took the GED exam before 1990 and do not see your test center listed below, your records are not stored with GED. You can contact the test center to get a copy of your records. If the testing center you tested at is on the list below, please visit the GED Testing Service Transcript Service website.
- Modesto Junior College
- Public Safety Center Trailer
- Stanislaus Co. Honor Farm
- Stanislaus Job Club - Literacy Center
- Turlock Adult School