TACTICAL CHARACTER ACADEMY:
The Tactical Character Academy (TCA) is a middle school program located at the Stanislaus County Institute of Learning operating under the direction of the Stanislaus County Office of Education (SCOE).
Highly structured classroom setting
- Character Training Center
- Para-Military uniform with strict dress standards
- Military theme: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard
Who Can Attend?
- Students who are referred to the Stanislaus County Educational Options Program by their school/district of residence
- TCA is a school of “choice” and students must volunteer to attend
- Parents/Guardians of the students must agree to support the Academy’s Character Program which emphasizes basic core values. TCA is a voluntary program and parent/guardian involvement is mandatory.
SCIL also offers Independent Study for grades 1-12, where students work one-on-one with their teacher, whom they meet with for a minimum of one hour per week. Students complete rigorous course in core curriculum and electives classes. Contact Number: 209-238-8750
The Independent Study program uses the Florida Virtual Online integrated Core Learning Program which includes:
The mission of the Academy is to challenge the mind, body, and spirit of our students with the values, skills, and education necessary to succeed in life.