TPSL Professional Development is provided year round and is offered online and on an individualized basis. Please see the event offerings at the bottom of this page.
Register now to get started on your coursework to the TPSL!
The Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave (TPSL) allows an employing agency to fill a position where the teacher of record is unable to teach due to a statutory leave (medical or otherwise) with a temporary teacher of record for the duration of the leave. The TPSL may be issued with one or more authorizations in the areas of Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Special Education, depending on an individual’s qualifications. The permit is renewable upon verification from the employing agency that specific requirements have been completed.
Requirements for Initial Issuance:
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally-accredited college or university.
2. Satisfy the basic skills requirement. See Commission leaflet CL-667, entitled Basic Skills Requirement for additional information.
3. Successful completion of an initial 45 hours of TPSL preparation as determined by the Local Employing Agency.
4. Successful completion of course work for the permit type requested.
5. The employing agency must complete the Verification of Requirements for the Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave (Form CL-903).
For more information click the appropriate link below:
Transcript review is required for all pathways to the initial issuance of the Teacher Permit for Statutory Leave (TPSL). Once payment and transcripts have been received you will be contacted to set-up a face to face meeting to go over the result of the transcript review and determine the appropriate pathway to obtaining the certificate.
Transcripts should be emailed to aramirez [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org.
The Stanislaus County Office of Education's Instructional Support Services division offers the CTC required professional development for the Teaching Permit for Statutory Leave via their credentialing staff. The journey begins with an initial Transcript Review which allows staff to determine the best and most appropriate pathway for completing those requirements. To get started, click on the Fast Track to the TPSL (Transcript Review) event at the bottom of this page. The professional development requirements for TPSL renewals are also available through our office. If you already hold a TPSL and need to renew, then choose the option that best fits your situation below.