Resources and Tools
To determine whether a student is eligible to apply, he/she should review the new state requirements checklist and check with the participating high school. Students must meet all of the new state and district requirements before applying.
- Fall 2018 - Student should contact their participating high school at the beginning of the school year to ensure deadlines are not missed.
- January 30, 2019 - Deadline for districts to submit:
- List of prequalified seniors
- Completed student permission slips
- List of assessors for the Student Interview Event
- The Student Interview Event takes place on Saturday, March 9, 2019.
- It is critical that you are available on this date, as no make ups are possible.
- During the Student Interview Event, you will be interviewed at least twice, once in English and once for every target language for which you are attempting the Seal.
- Students must earn a minimum of 3 out of possible 5 in each of the interviews, be eligible to receive the Seal.
- Interview results will be released to participating high schools first.
- You will receive an email detailing your results and whether or not you will receive the Seal after the high school is notified.