New Candidate Enrollment
Contact your district lead for information on how to start to the process.
If your district is not in our SCOE Consortiuum and you would like to enroll in our Teacher Induction program, fill out an interest form to be contacted by program staff regarding enrollment. Please click the link below and fill out our Candidate Program interest form.
Have a RICA requirement on your credential? Click the link below and fill out our RICA Test Prep course interest form to be contacted about our latest offerings
Who is eligible to be a candidate in SCOE Teacher Induction?
You must possess, or be in the process of applying for, one or more of the following:
- a current California Variable Term Waiver (VTW)
- a current California Preliminary Multiple Subject credential
- a current California Preliminary Single Subject credential
- a current California Preliminary Education Specialist credential
- a current California Level I Education Specialist credential
You must be teacher of record under one of the above credentials in order to enroll in induction
Early Completion Option (ECO)
[The ECO Application period for 21-22 opens on July 1, 2021 and will close on September 30th, 2021 at 5pm]
The Early Completion Option (ECO) is an opportunity for experienced, exemplary teachers to prove competence and movement toward mastery of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession via a one year program.
NOTE: Complete your Enrollment form (above) BEFORE emailing your Intent to Apply (below). Until you are enrolled in the Induction program, there is nothing that can be done with your Intent to Apply and you will need to resubmit it AFTER you have enrolled.
Criteria for ECO:
- Hold a Preliminary General Education Multiple or Single Subject credential or a Level 1 or Preliminary Education Specialist credential and be currently employed as the teacher of record.
- Five years of classroom experience as a full‐time Teacher of Record.
- After reviewing the selection guidelines, describe how you meet the criteria for the Early Completion Option. In your application, give a clear, one page justification as to why your application should be considered (letter of intent). Your rationale should reflect your exemplary practices, attitudes, professionalism, and commitment to the teaching profession.
- Proof of ongoing, direct support by a mentor, coach, colleagues, or site administration during that time.
- Evidence of exceptional teaching practice must be observable and based on components of effective instruction (CSTP). The LTLC Steering Committee will evaluate a classroom lesson via video submission experience as measured against the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP). On the attached rubric, exceptional would be defined as integrating or innovating.
- Evidence of exceptional teaching practice during prior professional experience as measured against the CSTP. On the attached rubric, exceptional would be defined as integrating or innovating.
- Approval from employing District Coordinator for induction.
- Participate in an interview if initial screening requirements are determined to be met.
1. Complete Intent to Apply (no later than September 25). You must be enrolled in SCOE Induction and registered in InductionSupport.com BEFORE you submit the Intent to Apply.
2. Submit completed ECO Application and all required documentation via assigned Google Folder.
- Your district representative must have signed off on your application before you submit it to SCOE Induction.
Once received, your application will be reviewed for approval by our SCOE Learning to Teach and Lead Continuum Steering Committee. Reviews of applications will take place after the submission deadline, September 30th at 5pm, has passed. ECO status will be announced by Dec. 1. ECO completion will be determined upon evaluation. Reminder, if work does not meet evaluation criteria for ECO, a second year of Induction may be required.
ECO Applications are only accepted from July 1st through September 30th and only through using the above stated process. You may NOT email the application.
Year 1 Transcripts
If you are transferring to another Induction program for your second year, you will need to have the new program request your Year 1 Transcript from SCOE Induction.
For a transcript to be issued, you will need to have completed all work/attendance required for Year 1 in addition to having a zero balance on any monies owed.
Please have your new Induction Program email tstewart [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org with this request.
If you will not be returning to the SCOE Induction program this year, but will also not be attending another program, please complete the Program Withdrawal form. We will place this in your file, which will remain on hold until such time as you then complete with us or move on to another program.
- Complete Program Withdrawal form
- Scan and attach to email. Send to induction [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org (subject: Induction%3A%20Program%20Withdrawal) .
Sometimes life happens in the middle of your Induction experience. If you will need to pause, or stop, your Induction experience within the year because of these circumstances, please follow these steps:
- Email gsmith [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org to discuss your plan for eventual completion of your Induction year.
- Complete the Medical/Maternity Leave form
- Scan and attach to email. Send to induction [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org (subject: Induction%3A%20Leave%20Request%20form)