The school nurse has a vital role in providing complete health services to children and youth. Upon completion of this class, Registered Nurses will learn how to navigate the school nurse credential in addition to:
- Identify the role the school nurse plays in the education system.
- Develop an understanding of the basic skills and role of the school nurse managing children in the school system.
- Identify the entry level requirements to receive a preliminary credential.
- Review the Education requirements for a School nurse credential and the training.
- Review the management of common chronic health issues in children including: Asthma, Diabetes (Case management and health care plans)
- Discuss first aid and the different types of emergencies and injuries school nurses manage.
- Review CSNO, NASN organizations.
- Identify how to apply for a school nurse position on ED-Join.
To RSVP, please call Jessica Due, 209-238-1505 (M-F 8am to 5pm)