Commonly Asked Questions

What are some tech resources and tools for the California State Standards?


“Common Core Standards” for iPad (Free): Reference app that includes both ELA and Math common core standards.

California State Standards Tech Info:

SBAC IT Readiness Tool: Information on the Web-based tool used by districts to report each school's current information technology (IT) as it relates to the SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) assessments.

General Tech Resources:

EdShelf:  Tools for every project.  

Mind Tools ( Website that showcases strategies and tools for a variety of skill areas which include problem-solving, reading, learning skills, etc.

Questioning Toolkit ( This webpage from The Educational Technology Journal focuses on questioning tools and techniques.

Rubric Tools:

K-12 CCSS Writing Rubrics. Elk Grove Unified School District 

K-6 Common Core Corner Checklists

Video Libraries and Lessons:

Tareasplus was developed by the Khan Academy and is the largest platform of educational videos for math and science in Spanish. 

Teaching Channel ( Teaching Channel is a video showcase—on the Internet and TV—of inspiring and effective teaching practices in America's schools

LearnZillion:  2,000+ high quality lessons by top teachers - all built from the Common Core State Standards. 

TED-Ed ( Within the growing TED-Ed video library, you will find carefully curated educational videos, many of which represent collaborations between talented educators and animators nominated through the TED-Ed platform. This platform also allows users to take any useful educational video, not just TED's, and easily create a customized lesson around the video. Users can distribute the lessons, publicly or privately, and track their impact on the world, a class, or an individual student.

Khan Academy ( A non-profit organization that provides free lessons, videos, tutorials and more for parents, teachers and students. There are resources for every content area.

Awesome Library ( Organizes the web with 37,000 carefully reviewed resources, including the top 5 percent in education.

What are some California State Standards resources for leadership and administration?
Where can I find parent resources for the California State Standards?
I need to pause/stop my Induction experience mid-year. What do I do?

Sometimes life happens in the middle of your Induction experience.  If you will need to pause, or stop, your Induction experience within the year because of situational circumstances (medical issues, maternity leave, etc.), please follow these steps:

  • Call/email abeech [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org (subject: Induction%3A%20Medical%2FMaternity%20Leave) (Alison Beech) or (209) 238-1329 to discuss your plan for eventual completion of your Induction year.
  • Complete the Medical/Maternity Leave Form (pdf).
  • Scan and attach to email.  Send to tstewart [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org (subject: Induction%20Leave%20form) (Tricia Stewart).
I will not be returning to SCOE Induction this year. What do I need to do?

If you will not be returning to the SCOE Induction program this year, but will also not be attending another program, please complete the Program Withdrawal form.  We will place this in your file, which will remain on hold until such time as you then complete with us or move on to another program.

  • Complete Program Withdrawal form (pdf) (can be found in related links on Teacher Induction main page).
  • Scan and attach to email.  Send to tstewart [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org.
I will be completing Year 2 with another Induction program. What do I do?

If you are transferring to another Induction program for your second year, you will need to have the new program request your Year 1 Transcript from SCOE Induction.

For a transcript to be issued, you will need to have completed all work/attendance required for Year 1 in addition to having a zero balance on any monies owed.

Please have your new Induction Program email tstewart [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org with this request.

How do I enroll in CBK?

To enroll in CBK the following steps are needed:

  1. Complete online orientation
  2. One of our staff members will contact you to schedule a registration appointment to get enrolled.
  3. Must bring the following documents to your registration appointment:
  • Unofficial copy of transcripts
  • Photo ID (U.S. identification or driver's license, passport, visa)
  • Proof of address document (lease agreement, utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, medical or legal documents)

If you have additional questions contact us at 209-238-8600 or 209-238-8650.



Do I need to attend orientation to enroll?

Attending an orientation is a requirement to enroll in the CBK program.

What does the program cost?

There is no cost to the student to enroll in CBK.

What is the age requirement for CBK?

To enroll in CBK, you must be 18 years of age or older.