Perfect Attendance Drive
The goal of the county-wide initiative is to increase graduation rates in Stanislaus County.
Destination Graduation a Five Year Journey Report to the Community
- August - May - Perfect Attendance Drive - Car Giveaway information and contest rules.
The "Perfect Attendance Drive" is important because:
- Students' opportunities increase with a diploma in hand and the competition for jobs and markets is global
- The health of a community is enhanced by better-educated citizens
- Communities attract more businesses with an educated workforce
- There is great public concern about the current graduation rate
The graduation rate in Stanislaus County for 2017-18 is 83.9%* while the State of California is 83.0%* The one-year dropout rate is 3.2%* in Stanislaus County compared to California's 2.4%* in 2016-17.
*Cohort rate according to the California Department of Education
We know that high school dropouts are more likely to:
- Be unemployed
- Receive welfare
- Contribute to high health costs and have less healthy children
- perpetrate crimes and end up in jail
The median earnings per year for a high school dropout is $20,241 compared to a person with a high school diploma who earns $30,627. The earning power gets even better at $56,665 a year for a college graduate!
On May 10, 2019, Modesto Toyota and SCOE surprised Moises Gonzalez, a sophomore at Central Valley High School, with keys to a 2019 Toyota Corolla!
The Perfect Attendance Drive is a partnership between Modesto Toyota and SCOE to help promote school attendance for students in public high schools in Stanislaus County. Each month that a student has perfect attendance, his/her name will go into the drawing at their school for a chance to win a brand new car.
This means a student will have a chance to improve their attendance from month to month (August 2019 - April 2020). Students have an opportunity to have his or her name entered into the drawing multiple times based on their attendance. - see official rules below.
Public High School Districts in Stanislaus County submitted the following student names who met the attendance qualifications for the August 2018-April 2019 contest. Congratulations on having great school attendance last year!
|High School Name||Student First Name||Student Last Name||District Name|
|Argus High School||Shianne||Gullum||Ceres Unified School District|
|Beyer High School||Tajee||Brackens||Modesto City Schools|
|Beyer High School||Reign||Gamble||Modesto City Schools|
|Beyer High School||Mary||Baca||Modesto City Schools|
|Central Valley High||Anastasia||Curiel||Ceres Unified School District|
|Central Valley High||Moises||Gonzalez||Ceres Unified School District|
|Central Valley High||Enrique||Martinez||Ceres Unified School District|
|Ceres High School||Veronica||Alvarez||Ceres Unified School District|
|Ceres High School||Gabriel||Flores||Ceres Unified School District|
|Denair High School||Emanuel||Zapien||Denair Unified School District|
|eCademy Charter||Brianna||Pruett||Turlock Unified School District|
|Elliott Alternative Education Center||Dimitri||Figueroa Tafoya||Modesto City Schools|
|Elliott Alternative Education Center||Pablo||Ramirez Aguirre||Modesto City Schools|
|Enochs High School||Amy||Fernandez||Modesto City Schools|
|Enochs High School||Angela||Haskel||Modesto City Schools|
|Enochs High School||Daniel||McClure||Modesto City Schools|
|Grace Davis High School||Bryan||Castellanos Alcala||Modesto City Schools|
|Grace Davis High School||Alexander||Dane Albertson||Modesto City Schools|
|Grace Davis High School||Liliannette||Zithlaly Guerra||Modesto City Schools|
|Gregori High School||Gabriela||Parocua||Modesto City Schools|
|Gregori High School||Anthony||Tostado||Modesto City Schools|
|Gregori High School||Derek||Turn||Modesto City Schools|
|Hughson High School||Holland||Rolon||Hughson Unified School District|
|Modesto High School||Evelyn||Cazares||Modesto City Schools|
|Modesto High School||Sara||Schwegel||Modesto City Schools|
|Modesto High School||Mariana||Villeda||Modesto City Schools|
|Oakdale High School||Remington||Ryland||Oakdale Joint Unified School District|
|Oakdale High School||Thalia||Tafolla||Oakdale Joint Unified School District|
|Oakdale High School||Tenayah||Valadez||Oakdale Joint Unified School District|
|Orestimba High School||Cameron||Shull||Newman Crows Landing Unified|
|Patterson High School||Bryce||Kelly||Patterson Joint Unified School District|
|Patterson High School||Marilyn||Ventura||Patterson Joint Unified School District|
|Patterson High School||Nazyia||Zulmai||Patterson Joint Unified School District|
|Peter Johansen High School||Stephanie||Alvarez||Modesto City Schools|
|Peter Johansen High School||Anissa||Corona||Modesto City Schools|
|Peter Johansen High School||Ashley||Montoya||Modesto City Schools|
|Petersen Alternative Center for Education||Destinee||Rodriguez||Stanislaus County Office of Education|
|Pitman High School||Vanessa||Leong||Turlock Unified School District|
|Pitman High School||Jaime||Muniz-Cazares||Turlock Unified School District|
|Riverbank High School||Rene||Calderon||Riverbank Unified School District|
|Roselawn High School||Esmeralda||Baeza||Turlock Unified School District|
|Roselawn High School||Diana||Parada||Turlock Unified School District|
|Thomas Downey High School||Melanie||Agredano||Modesto City Schools|
|Thomas Downey High School||Tegan||Jackson||Modesto City Schools|
|Thomas Downey High School||Julio||Rios||Modesto City Schools|
|Turlock High School||Alyssa||Pilcher||Turlock Unified School District|
|Turlock High School||Abhinav||Sharma||Turlock Unified School District|
|Valley Charter High School||Jake (Keith)||Chiswell||Stanislaus County Office of Education|
|Waterford High School||Abigail||Duarte||Waterford Unified School District|
|Waterford High School||Kaw'lie||Mc Washington||Waterford Unified School District|
Each year of the contest, runners-up are invited to a special Attendance Recognition event at Modesto Toyota Dealership in May when each is recognized for great attendance. A separate drawing will be held to determine the student winner of the 2020 Toyota Corolla and revealed at the high school he/she attends on May 15, 2020. See the entire contest official rules for the 2018/19 Perfect Attendance Drive posted at the bottom of the page.
The 2017-18 Perfect Attendance Drive winner of the Toyota Corolla was Julia Vossekuil from Patterson High School! Congratulations! Check out the video: https://www.facebook.com/ModestoToyota/videos/vb.84268573845/10156627919608846/?type=2&theater
These are the official rules (“Official Contest Rules”) for the 2019/20 Perfect Attendance Drive.
1) NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN.
2) Eligibility. The following regulations determine a student’s eligibility in the Contest:
a) The Contest is open to all students attending high schools in the school districts under the Stanislaus County Office of Education (“SCOE”) during the 2019/20 school year.
b) Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA to be eligible to participate.
c) Students must have one (1) month of perfect attendance to be eligible to participate. Perfect attendance means that the student has attended all class periods of all school days within the calendar month of August, September, October, November or December 2019 and January, February, March or April 2020.
d) Students must attend high school in one of the following SCOE school districts: Ceres Unified, Denair Unified, Hughson Unified, Modesto City High, Newman-Crows Landing Unified, Oakdale Joint Unified, Patterson Joint Unified, Riverbank Unified, Turlock Unified, Waterford Unified, and SCOE approved Charter High Schools.
e) Employees, and the children of employees, of SCOE and Modesto Toyota, any of its advertising agencies, or affiliates or subsidiaries or advertising agencies, and household members of any such employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
f) Limited to one winner per household.
Limited to one winner per household.
3) Sponsors. This Contest is sponsored by the Stanislaus County of Education, 1100 H Street, Modesto, California, and Modesto Toyota, 4513 McHenry Ave, Modesto, California (the “Sponsors”).
4) Agreement to Official Contest Rules. Each eligible student who enters the Contest is a “Contestant.” Entry into the Contest constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Contest Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5) Contest Period. The Contest begins on August 7, 2019, and ends on or about April 15, 2020.
6) Selection of Prizewinners. Prizewinners will be selected as follows:
a) On April 20, 2020, schools will select the allotted number of qualified students as semi-finalists. A separate drawing will be held to determine the student winner of the 2018 Toyota Corolla. Each school’s allotment will be determined at the district level. Each Stanislaus County school district proportionally by average daily attendance, with each participating comprehensive school receiving a minimum of one qualified entry. School districts will determine the allotment for continuation schools within their districts.
b) On May 6, 2020, the names of 50 finalists will be published at stancoe.org. These finalists will be invited to a recognition event at Modesto Toyota on May 6, 2020, where they will each receive Attendance Awards. Four tickets to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will be given to each of the finalist in attendance (must attend to receive the tickets)
c) On May 15, 2020, Modesto Toyota will arrive at the winner’s school to surprise him/her with their 2020 Toyota Corolla.
d) All drawing and prize winner selection results are final upon verification. The odds of becoming a semi-finalist depend on the number of qualified Contest entrants. The odds of a finalist winning the Grand Prize are 1:50. A list of the Contest prize winners will be available from the Sponsors after May 19, 2020.
7) Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a new 2020 Toyota Corolla.
The Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
a) A new Toyota Corolla. Modesto Toyota will pay taxes, licensing and/or registration fees incurred upon receipt of the vehicle. SCOE shall not be responsible for any such taxes, fees or costs. All prizes are nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded.
b) TSM Insurance will provide insurance for up to one year in an amount not to exceed $1,500. Coverage may be provided as the lesser of a policy of TSM, or a check to the policyholder.
c) Mister Car Wash will provide 24 premier free car washes.
8) Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Each Contest finalist (and if a finalist is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a certificate of eligibility and liability/publicity release and return it to SCOE on or before May 6, 2020, to be able to receive a prize. If a Contest finalist fails to have the certificate of eligibility and liability/publicity release signed and returned to SCOE by the deadline, the CONTESTANT will be deemed ineligible to receive a prize. The release is available on the Stancoe.org website and also available for signature at Modesto Toyota on May 6.
9) Publicity. Acceptance of prizes constitutes permission for the Sponsors and/or their designees to use the prizewinners’ names, hometowns, photographs, testimonials or other likenesses and/or prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the winners to the extent permitted by law.
10) General Conditions. The Contest shall be staged in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any fraud or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes according to the “Selection of Prizewinners” criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11) Release. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, and their affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and advertising agencies (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
12) Limitations of Liability. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contestant’s or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Contestant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize.
13) Disputes. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Stanislaus County, California, USA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for and Contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Contestant and Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.