I don't have a teaching credential, but I want to substitute teach, what do I need to do?

Apply for an Emergency Substitute Credential through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). The commission will mail you all the necessary forms along with instructions detailing the required documentation you need to apply for the credential. At a minimum, you will need to have your original transcripts from the college or university where you received a bachelor's degree or higher and an original CBEST card showing that you passed the CBEST.

Additional questions and/or assistance can also be provided by the SCOE Credential Analysts. They may be reached at 209-238-1611 or 209-238-1626.