Enrollment for 2022-2023 will open on July 1, 2022. Please complete the interest forms if you wish to be contacted when enrollment begins.
The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) issues a preliminary credential that requires its holder to complete an approved induction program. The Stanislaus County Induction Programs Director will recommend a candidate for his or her clear credential upon successful completion of the program requirements. The Stanislaus County Induction Program is designed such that a candidate may complete the requirements in the first two years of teaching under the preliminary credential.
Induction Requirements for the Candidate
Candidates participate in a two-year, individualized, job embedded system of mentoring, support and professional learning that begins in the candidate’s first year of teaching. Each candidate will be evaluated on competence and growth towards mastery of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP). The candidate is required to work collaboratively with an assigned mentor in order to complete all requirements. Early Completion Option for “experienced and exceptional” candidates who meet the program’s established criteria is available.
Each year of induction consists of:
- 1 Orientation video to be viewed by candidate (preferably with their mentor) before the first Induction event
- 3 two-hour and 1 one-hour events (Inquiry 1, Progress Check, Inquiry 2 and Finale) to revisit the various cycles of inquiry (reflecting, reviewing, revising and drafting)
- 1 hour per week support of the candidate by the mentor (outside of induction events)
- 2 observations (minimum) – 1 observation of candidate by mentor and 1 observation of another educator by the candidate
- At least 1 triad conversation (mentor, administrator and candidate) before the first Induction event. More triad conversations may be needed to garner the input on the various inquiry cycles.
The SCOE Induction Program reserves the right to conduct a formal observation of any candidate if deemed necessary.
Medical/Maternity Leave Form
Sometimes life happens in the middle of your Induction experience. If you will need to pause, or stop, your Induction experience within the year because of these circumstances, please follow these steps: