Stanislaus County Office of Education
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection (COPPA) Rule requires that we protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information collected from children (under age 13). A parent/guardian consent letter is required for permission to collect the personal information listed below. (15 U.S.C. § 6502(b); 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1-312.13.)
Prior to children under age 13 accessing any of these applications and associated services, the child’s parent/guardian must sign a letter of consent in the designated online application. Your use of this application is subject to security testing and monitoring. Unlawful use of this application may be subject to prosecution. Be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information, we may not be able to deliver certain products and/or services to you and your child.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
SCOE’s Information Systems Department custom applications collect personal information such as the following:
- Identifiers such as first and last name, username, email address, parent/guardian name mailing address, home address, home phone, and cell phone.
- Profile information such as gender, ethnicity, and school of attendance.
Requesting Changes to My Child’s Personal Information
We provide you with the ability to exercise controls regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with applicable law. To request changes to personally identifiable information we collect, send an email to infosys [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org. These choices may include:
- Correcting, updating and deleting your information or your child’s personal information.
- Requesting access to the personal information about you or your child that we amend or delete it.
- We use the personal information for the sole purpose to provide products or services developed and hosted by the Stanislaus County Office of Education.
- We neither display advertising, nor do we use personal information to advertise to you or your child.
- We do not sell or share personal information with third parties.
- We do not host third party cookies or trackers that would enable tracking of personal information on our sites.
- We collect additional, general information about visitors to this application. For example:
- The type of browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge)
- The date/time visitors came to the site.
- The country from which visitors are accessing our application/website.
- Permission to save cookies for your device to remember to complete a form at a later date.
If you have any questions about how we collect, disclose, transfer and store personal information, please email us at infosys [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org. Questions regarding SCOE’s PHAST program or how to obtain the Parent Consent Form, call (209) 238-1382 or email PHAST [ahtsym] stancoe [dhotsym] org.