The Stanislaus County Office of Education Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) Program is proud to offer a Visual Arts Integrated Curriculum for Kindergarten through Sixth grades. Designed with the general education teacher in mind, the curriculum is broken down into grade-level specific curriculum books. Each curriculum book includes 10 hands-on, arts-integrated lessons aligning to California Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and California Visual Arts Standards. When appropriate, the lessons also integrate Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, and California Social Studies Content Standards.
Each grade-level curriculum book includes:
- 10 hands-on, visual art lessons integrating CA Common Core State Standards for ELA & CA Visual Arts Standards
- At least 1 lesson integrating writing
- At least 1 STEAM lesson
- At least 2 lessons integrating Next Generation Science Standards
- At least 1 lesson integrating CA Social Studies Content Standards
- Written and visual directions for completing each lesson
- Access to downloadable PowerPoint presentations for each lesson
- 2 rubrics for assessing student work
If you would like to order curriculum booklets, please click here for the interactive order form.
Please watch: Instructions on how to purchase and receive your download link can be found by clicking here.